Thursday, May 16, 2013

Spring Has Sprung: Spring Cheeses and Rosé Wines

Spring Cheese and Rosé Wines
A selection of rosés at Houston Dairymaids


Now it might be a shock to some of you, but I'm fairly opinionated. And I like to share my opinions. Loudly. And until this year, I was not a fan of rosé wine. Probably because up until now, the only pink hued drink I'd had started with Boone's and ended with Farm.

Let me proclaim to the world just how wrong I was. I WAS SO VERY WRONG! Rosé wine might just be my new favorite drink. And I don't even care who thinks I'm a sissy for enjoying it. Because rosé is so crisp and fresh, with deep complexity ranging from floral to citrus notes. In short, it's just plain delicious. As the weather gets hotter, we all need something cool and refreshing, and not everyone can sip mint juleps on the veranda all day. If you can't spend the day recovering from a bourbon hangover, let rosé be your go-to drink this summer.

And as an added bonus? It goes great with cheese, especially spring cheeses. Try it with some chèvre or something light and nutty like parmesan.



No comments:


Cows in Repose on Veldhuizen Family Farm. Dublin, TX