Wednesday, May 30, 2012

This Week's Tasting Plate: Lookin' Sharp edition

You know what is a totally acceptable mode of expression? Finger guns. I can think of at least two Dairymaids off the top of my head (and that's out of like, five total Dairymaids not counting Dairyman Raymundo) who would give you a fingergun. Their names rhyme with Farlotte and Shicole. Elizabeth would absolutely not give you a fingergun and Kerrisa is a solid maybe.

What I'm getting at here, is that this week we'll have Veldhuizen Sharpshooter cheddar on the tasting plate. It is actually Texas Gold cheddar that has been aged for over 20 months to give it a sharper flavor and more crumbly, crunchy texture. It is on point! See what I did there?

We'll also have my favorite brie-style cheese ever, the Green Hill from Sweetgrass Dairy. It's creamy and rich, but has more complex flavors than just that. The milk comes from pasture-fed cows in Georgia and I'm wondering what the mosquito situation is out there because I could do with escaping ours and that sounds pretty relaxing right about now.

No comments:


Cows in Repose on Veldhuizen Family Farm. Dublin, TX