Wednesday, February 27, 2013

It's a Whole New (Cheese) World!




As many of you know, we've been through some big changes this weekend at the Houston Dairymaids. To celebrate this auspicious occasion of our grand re-opening, I'd like to slow down and take a moment to share what Houston Dairymaids means to me. I never expected to become a cheesemonger and happened to come to work here through an unusual series of events. Now that I'm here, however, I just can't imagine doing anything else with my life. It feels like I'm home. Getting to come to work everyday and tell people about something you love is the best feeling in the world. Even eight months in, I never get tired of showing others the joys of cheese. There's just something special about bonding over a mutual love of food, being able to relate to others and guide them as they experience new flavors and different palate sensations.


What Dairymaids means to me is that I get to spend my life with like-minded individuals (both employees and customers) who love food, who care about their community, and who want to support each other in an increasingly corporate-driven world. Not to get too sappy, but working at Houston Dairymaids has brought more happiness to my life than I knew a job could offer.

So I'd like to say thank you. Thank you to each person who has come into Dairymaids. Thank you to our faithful regulars who share their lives with us during the brief span of a tasting. It has been an absolute pleasure to work with you and for you. Thank you to my fellow Dairymaids (and Dairydudes!) for being supportive, positive co-workers. This renovation and period of growth just goes to show what a gem this place is for the Houston community. It is through your support that we are able to bring you the best of the best from all over Texas and the US.

If you haven't had a chance to make it out to see the newly renovated Dairymaids yet, then clear your to-do list and head on over! We've plastered and painted, toiled and tiled all to better fulfill your cheesy dreams. It's still a work in progress, as is any life-long ambition, but we're so proud of the changes we've made and just can't wait to share them with you. Thank you again for being part of our family.


No comments:


Cows in Repose on Veldhuizen Family Farm. Dublin, TX